Monday, May 18, 2020

Panagram

My spelling bee obsession knows no bounds, and even extends into a spelling bee that is not a bee at all. It's a puzzle, published by the New York Times, that derives its name from the fact that letters are in a hive shape. And you have to make words.

A friend and I have been doing them pretty religiously through quarantine (she is better than me). And she's particularly better at finding the long words. My eye tends toward the short.

Every day, there's (at least) one word that uses each of the seven letters -- the panagram. For me, either you see it or you don't. And I usually don't.

But today! Today I saw it! It was my friend's name! And I was so excited to send her the screenshot of her name, using all the letters that were on offer. We're both keeping it for posterity. (No, it wasn't really the panagram. There were no points for it. But it was the best panagram that ever was.)

And, between us, we got all the words today. So we were pretty proud of ourselves.

No comments: