Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Brussels sprouts

Back in March -- do you remember when it was March? -- I went to the grocery store and bought a shopping cart full of potential-quarantine food that soon turned into real-quarantine food. Like many others.

I planned to share much of the bounty with my sister and her roommate, and they took some of the shelf-stable things I bought. But a lot of the produce, dairy, etc. ended up in my refrigerator for the long haul.

Which is how I came to finish, tonight, a bag of Brussels sprouts I bought in March.

And they were good! I roasted them; they browned. I had to peel off a couple leaves that had yellowed, but other than that, my two-month-old Brussels sprouts were perfectly delicious.

I'm just so impressed that they lasted as long as they did. And I appreciate them for it! I still have some apples from March, too, but I think that will spell the end of the Original Produce, as I have taken to thinking of it. Still -- quite a feat.

No comments: