Sunday, December 14, 2008

Good TV

I spent part of today catching up on Life, which I think is one of the best shows (along with Mad Men) on the telly these days. It's just so quirky and grin-worthy.

The main character is obsessed with fruit. In one episode, there's a recurring fruit cake theme. Charlie Crews, our main character, says,"It's fruit and it's cake, what's not to like?" Later, while eating it, he concludes that "there's a distinct possibility that this is neither fruit nor cake."

Out of context, it's maybe not laugh-out-loud funny. But the humor's persistent and spot-on. And the series hasn't been canceled yet. So I am joyful.

2 comments:

Danny said...

I laughed out loud! But I also eat of the fruitcake, so I recognized his observations as being spot-on.

Arielle said...

You should watch the show. I think you'd like it :)