Sunday, April 26, 2009

Nerdy happiness

GoogleScholar actually finding an academic peer-reviewed article for me when Emory couldn't! That's never happened for me before. Usually, all I get are links to the publisher's website saying, "You don't have access to view this article" (ok, so I'm paraphrasing).
And then, I managed to find another article that the database said wasn't available by searching for the e-journal itself. Aaaand ta-da: more unexpected success through an alternative route!
Plus, I found a really cool article about the consequences and contributions of speaking Spanish in the workplace. Not really related to the topic I'm writing on (the impact of social identification by employees on group functioning and culture), but very interesting -- and applicable to my own life -- nonetheless!
I'm absurdly delighted by all this.
(P.S. If anyone needs an academic article or more information on a topic, for any reason, let me know!)

2 comments:

Chrys said...

awwww... I miss having accesss to PsychInfo :(

Danny said...

Maybe if you promise to use the power for good and not for evil, I could give you my login info.... ;)