Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Shiny objects

I got complimented twice at Starbucks today, by two different baristas. One said he liked my necklace (which is an abalone shell that I got for my bat mitzvah, though I can't for the life of me remember who it's from -- and now that's kind of bothering me; it looks vaguely like an oilie sticker -- who remembers those?), then asked the other barista if he liked my necklace. Barista two was not impressed.

Barista two, though, thought my credit card was pretty sweet. It has a picture of a daisy (or something) on it, and was apparently different enough to stand out.

Does anyone else get compliments on their credit cards? That happens to me more than I think is normal, but maybe people are just super-impressed by unusual card markings.

2 comments:

Chrys said...

All my credit cards are totally boring. I used to compliment people on their credit cards and checks on a regular basis at Bath and Body Works, though.

Course... that could have just been me!

Unknown said...

You're welcome! I picked that card out for you: P