Monday, January 23, 2012

On foot

I haven't had a car for a couple weeks now, and while it's been frustrating in its own way, there's also some good that's come of it. Namely, by taking public transportation to work, I've had more time to read. I think I've gotten through five or six books so far in January; that's much faster than my normal weekday pace.

It's not the first time I've used public transportation instead of my car, but it's the first time I've done it not by choice -- and the first time for any extended period in Atlanta. Sure, MARTA leaves much to be desired route-wise and otherwise, but I have to admit that I feel a little better about myself for walking to the station and walking to work and maneuvering the lines to still go out on occasion.

Also, taking the train provides me with many more opportunities to get hit on by guys with bottles in paper bags. And those always make for good stories.

No comments: