Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Shuffle

Sometimes, it's the smallest, silliest things.

The weather was pleasant this morning, in the high 50s with sun and clouds. And I had my iPod on on the way to work when Elmo's Song followed Annie Lennox. Do you know Elmo's Song? It's sweet and catchy and fun. It's Sesame Street. It just makes you smile. Well, it makes me smile.

That's enough, in and of itself. But then? The coup de grace? A few songs later, what came up but the theme song to Transformers!

As my college roommate (hi!) can tell you, the Transformers theme song is the one that always managed to play (somehow, the randomizer on my music-playing program really, really liked the Transformers) and always managed to play at the most inappropriate times. So it took everything I had not to burst out laughing and/or sing along. (I was on public transportation at the time.)

The book I just finished referenced Optimus Prime toward the end. I wonder if through some kind of music-shuffle-magic the iPod knew and thought, finally, that it was an appropriate time for Transformers.

2 comments:

Lauryn said...

Yes! I confirm Transformers was the one of the most awesome and awkward songs that randomly played on your computer playlist. Other highlights from your playlist were the My Little Ponies and Ducktales theme songs. Also, that great version of those Magic Changes from a stage production of Grease. And yes, I have just listened to all of these on youtube in a wave of nostalgia. :)

Arielle said...

Transformers came on again today! And here I thought the iPod shuffle feature didn't repeat songs. Maybe it played so often because I have multiple versions?