Friday, February 10, 2012

Compliments

I worked on a breaking news story yesterday that was unlike what I usually cover, and ended up being on the front page of today's paper. (Woohoo!) That's fun in and of itself -- it's always nice to make A1 -- but the coolest part was when one of the editors came by today to praise the authority with which I wrote and tell me the story worked perfectly for the front. And we have some exacting standards.

On top of that, my immediate editor told me last night that my batting average has been great -- that I come up with good ideas and write interesting things. And that, too, is nice to hear.

And while it's not a compliment per se, I received a really interesting opportunity that I'm taking as one. It's wicked cool. Y'all'll surely hear more about it if it comes to fruition. But for now, I'll just tell you that it made me smile.

No comments: