Friday, February 6, 2009

The Craziest Thing Happened on the Way to the Library Today....

OK, OK... so it was AT the library, YESTERDAY. But you know how I love my catchy titles.

So, I have been spending more and more time at the previously dumped upon Durham Public Library. I am, in fact, there right now! I was here yesterday, as well, with one of my clients. It is a convenient place to meet, as it is not as distracting as the home, not as cold as the outside, has computers, and doesnt require a specific action (e.g.: going to the museum basically means we will be viewing the exhibits at the museum.)

Anyhow... My client and I were at the library, playing games on the computer. And the fire alarm went off!!! We all had to evacuate the library. Some people were pissed. We just braved the cold and went to the playground instead.

I don't know why this strikes me as so amusing, but it does. A loud, blinking, fear inducing alarm. At a LIBRARY. Who'd'a'thunkit?

Something else I find extrememly amusing? I am posting about this incident instead of writing my case note on said outing. Aye De Mi.

No comments: