Monday, March 23, 2009

It has come to my attention...

...that Pandora is not the household name it should be.

So let me tell you of its amazingness!

(It's amazing.)

Pandora lets you create a radio station based on songs or artists that you like -- it doesn't play only Madonna, for example, but it plays songs that are similar musically to what Madonna's doing. You can make your radio station Madonna-broad, and get songs like her total repertoire, or Like-a-Virgin-narrow, and only get songs similar to that one. You can mix Madonna and Billy Joel and Metallica and see what comes out.

And the cool thing is that it plays a lot of stuff from people you've never heard of. So you get to discover people!

If you hear a song you like, you can buy it. You can also share radio stations that you think other people would enjoy. And you constantly tweak them by giving specific songs thumbs-up or -down, or moving them to a different station.

Let me know if you join -- I'm happy to share some of my more-favorite stations to get you started.

1 comment:

Danny said...

I had forgotten that I have this application on my MacBook..... it IS a wonderful invention indeed! Is there a difference between Pandora and PandoraBoy? The latter is what I have.....