Sunday, January 11, 2009

The chocolate says

Some of you may be aware of what could possibly be deemed an... unhealthy relationship I have with Dove Promises chocolate.

No, it's not because I eat too many of them. It's because I listen to the chocolate when it tells me to do things. Pretty much without fail.

For those of you who are yet unschooled in Dove chocolate goodness, each of the wrappers has a piece of advice, a saying, a sentiment inside.

Ordinarily, they make me smile -- sometimes for their wisdom, sometimes for their ridiculousness. But imagine this: each of the pieces in the current bag is double wrapped.

Yes, you heard me right. Twice the Dove joy.

Here are the ones I've held on to (and will be putting to use, if I haven't already):
Think of someone who makes you smile.
Life is all about making memories.
Find little ways to make every day a holiday.
Kick a bad habit for today.
Be a good listener to your friends.
Close out the world for just a moment.
Remember your first best friend.
In chaos there lies opportunity.
The most enjoyable experiences are often free.
Make the most of today.
Make a pledge to get 8 hours of shut eye.
Engage, embrace, enjoy.
I've also written letters, made phone calls, worn red and done other things after being encouraged by the chocolate. Yes, it is probably at least slightly wrong to make decisions based on a foil wrapper. But it is what it is.

Side note: This is amusing -- what do you add to the saying, a la "in bed" with a fortune cookie?

3 comments:

Chrys said...

I would like to know which ones came together. Did I tell you about the double fortune cookie goodness?

They did not lie. Though they DID make Andy think I wanted him to propose. Silly boy.

Arielle said...

I separated some of them, but these are pairs:
Think of someone who makes you smile.
Life is all about making memories.

Find little ways to make every day a holiday.
Kick a bad habit for today.

Make the most of today.
Make a pledge to get 8 hours of shut eye.

I don't recall this fortune cookie story. Do tell!

bek said...

You know, some of those are damn good with "in bed" tacked on too. (The first two are my faves, and then there's the depressingly logical "8 hours of sleep...in bed.") Yay for the commands of the chocolate!