Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Morning commute

This morning:
  • The weather man on the college radio station I was listening to said it was going to be "cold, with 100 percent chance of snow." It was snowing at the time.
  • The radio news dude used the word fortnight in reference to the amount of time until Inauguration Day (he said less than a fortnight, which is even cooler).
  • The Provide-a-Ride van in front of me had a license plate that said "ambulette" where others would say "teacher" or "veteran."
  • I saw workers at the AdultMart (think Inserection, Georgians) around the corner from my office take the Christmas lights down off their letters.
  • A woman walking in front of me kept complaining about the pieces of salt in her boots (it's so much funnier than pebbles).
  • There were people shoveling out the sidewalk, which is both very nice and makes life so much easier than when you have to trudge over drifts to get anywhere.
This afternoon, I had a very awesome lunch with an old friend. And when I looked out my window for the rest of the day, the sky looked like I was in a shaken snow globe, with wind whipping the big clumps of flakes in every direction.

But it slowed by the time I left. So the ride home was not stressful at all.

No comments: