Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Fortune Cookie Story

As per Arielle's request.....

While spending Christmas in Northeast Ohio, my family decided to take part in one of the great Jewish traditions: Chinese Food on Christmas!!!

When we got our fortune cookies, and I opened mine, Ta-Da!! There were two fortunes in it!

1) Travelling to the south will bring you unexpected happiness.
2) Be prepared to modify your plans.

Oh! I am going back home in a few days! This must mean somehting good and big will happen when I get home! Yay! I wonder what it could be!??!?!

Now, I do not normally put much stock in fortune cookies. I am NOT like Arielle in the I follow what they tell me to do. Maybe it was the Christmas Spirit. Maybe it was the Brandy Alexanders that I drank. But it seemed like I should pay attention to these fortunes.

I told Andy, my boyfriend, about my fortunes when I got home, and you could see the gears a-turning, and a look of concern on his face. Huh? This is Strange? Come to find out that he was afraid I was expecting an engagement ring.

Aye De Mi.

Boys are silly.

2 comments:

Arielle said...

That's a really weird Web site you came across!

I can't believe you didn't tell me that story -- that's hysterical. And what a great combination of fortunes.

Also, I love that you inaugurated the alcohol tag :)

Chrys said...

Hahaha. Isn't it though?!?! I just googled Chinese food on Christmas or something silly like that. It made me giggle.

As does the alcohol tag.

WHIIIICH............. means the blog is working! Yay!