Saturday, April 25, 2020

Recipes

I'm a decent cook, but I definitely am not used to doing it seven nights a week. While there are things about it that can be frustrating, I'm trying to think about the parts that allow me to be a little more creative.

Normally, if I saw a recipe that looked interesting, I'd send it to myself, save it for many months and maybe remember to try it at some point in the future. Now, the things that look interesting are getting made much faster -- especially as I eat my way through ingredients.

I had a bag of spinach that wasn't going to make it much longer. I'd normally make lasagna (but I have no ricotta) or a salad (so few things to put on it) or a tofu dish (just not in the mood). Ah ha! That recipe I'd opened just a few days before for a vegetarian version of carbonara had spinach in it.

I didn't quite have everything I needed, but it was close enough. Add some homemade bread with a lemon chive butter and it felt like a fancy lil meal.

No comments: