Sunday, April 5, 2020

Work

My job has periodic weekend shifts and I worked one of them today. It was quiet, as far as those things go. But I'm thinking today more about gratitude than happiness. And in the midst of this ridiculous time, I'm grateful for my job, even after a Sunday shift.

I talked to another reporter friend today whose employer is laying people off and I've seen plenty of it in the industry. Journalism is not steady and likely won't be for some time -- if at all. But for the time being, I'm not worried about losing my job each day and that really means a lot.

This evening, I interviewed someone who's seen a lot of impact from the coronavirus. We talked for an hour and we'll talk again. And I'm grateful to her, and plenty of others over the years, for trusting me with her story.

No comments: