Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bubble tea




I introduced my sister to bubble tea tonight. She was utterly fascinated. She kept spitting the tapioca balls out to see what they were, sucking up three at a time and trapping them between her upper lip and her gum so it puffed out, biting them in half so they stuck to her teeth, then baring her teeth in a wide grin, while laughing maniacally. It was pretty hysterical.

She got to the point where she was ignoring the tea (taro, my favorite, though I got coconut to try something new) and simply pulling the tapioca out with the super-huge straw (she also got excited when they looked like stripes in the straw). Of course, when I tried to skip the tea and pull the beads out, using the straw as a spoon, I spilled it all over the place.

But we knew that was going to happen, didn't we?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You both make me SO happy!
She had a much better reaction than your mother!

Arielle said...

Mom totally got it again, though! And the same flavor, at that.
But she's totally going to get taro next time. And she discouraged dad from trying it. So there's that.